Debt Collection And The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
It is illegal for debt collectors to harass or abuse individuals, and if you are behind on your bills it’s almost certain that debt collectors will be contacting you. If a debt collector violates the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a lawyer can take action on your behalf against the debt collector to stop the harassment and obtain monetary compensation for you.
At Rapa Law Office, P.C., we often help people with collection harassment and debt collection issues. When you need an advocate to stand up for you, we are here to represent your interests. Attorney Jason M. Rapa handles all of our bankruptcy matters. He is well-known in the area for his legal abilities in bankruptcy law and consumer protection law. Jason has been recognized by Super Lawyers magazine as a Rising Star in the area of consumer law.
Debt Collector Harassment
A debt collector may not:
- Use threats of violence or harm to the person, property or reputation
- Advertise your debt or publish a list of consumers who refuse or otherwise do not pay their debts, except to a credit reporting agency
- Use profane or obscene language
- Inform your employer or others of your debts
- Call someone without identifying themselves
- Repeatedly use the telephone to annoy or harass someone or ring the phone constantly
- Contact you directly when you are represented by an attorney
- Contact you after you have sent a written request to the debt collector demanding the communication to cease
You have a right to be represented if you are being harassed by debt collectors. At Rapa Law Office, P.C., we take action and make sure that you are protected. We will not let our clients be illegally harassed by debt collectors and be helpless victims of debt collection abuse. If you have been abused by a debt collector, you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Visit our informational pages about debts, which include:
- Credit repair
- Car repossession
- Voluntary repossession
- Bank account garnishments
- Sheriff sale
- Debt consolidation
- Debt relief
- Debt help
- Credit card debt
- Debt management
- Debt assistance
- Debt collection harassment
- Collection abuse
Contact Creditor Harassment Attorney Jason M. Rapa, Today
Your first consultation is free. To schedule a meeting with attorney Jason M. Rapa, please contact us at 610-589-0663. With offices in Lehighton and Allentown, we serve clients throughout the surrounding Pennsylvania areas.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.